U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA)
IMPROVING CITIZENS’ ACCESS TO INFORMATION
As a subcontractor to eStars Enterprise, ENC supported SBAís mission to ensure small business owners have quick access to accurate information and helpful resources on SBA.gov.
Over the course of our five-year contract we conducted research to understand usersí needs, created and executed the SBA Digital Universe Content and Outreach Strategic Plan, developed a content governance structure, assessed and updated the information architecture (IA) site-wide, and continuously improved the visual identity of the site based on usability testing with updated home pages and interior page templates.
ENC developed and implemented content and outreach strategies and inventoried all existing content to assess accuracy and redundancy site-wide. Our work contributed to the following results:
- Because of the improved design and user experience and a strategic and sustained content creation effort, the siteís traffic doubled to more than 2 million monthly visits
- ENCís social media campaigns increased traffic to targeted SBA.gov content by an average of 15 percent
- Managed and grew the SBA.gov community to more than 35,000 members
- Developed and implemented a strategy to increase Twitter followers to more than 30,000
- Increased ForeSee E-Government Satisfaction Index scores by 10% to 77, one of the highest among dot-gov websites