The National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD)
Consolidating and updating NACD's brand.
ENC helped NACD refresh its brand and develop resources for using it consistently.
Since a refresh many years before, NACD’s brand had become very diffuse, with variations proliferating throughout the organization. At the same time, a new generation of NACD members emerged, comprising a far greater diversity of ages, cultures, and needs.
ENC partnered with NACD to refresh the brand with:
- An updated logo as well as a logo lockup that incorporated a new tagline.
- A new logo system that included a wide range of configurations, color versions, and file formats.
- A logo system for NACD’s offerings, including publications and certifications.
- Stationery and business cards.
- Templates and guidance for ads, mailers, proposals, invoices, emails, email signatures, presentations, calls-to-action and other collateral elements.
- Templates and guidance for digital banners and social media post images.
- Guidance covering use of the NACD name, mission statement, tagline, elevator pitch, color palette, typography, brand voice, editorial style, images, product names, paper selection, and file-name conventions.
- A one-page quick reference guide and a 36-page brand toolkit.
ENC developed a new, modern brand that:
- Incorporated messaging, visuals, resources, tools, and clear guidance for use.
- Aligned with the current business environment and the needs, perspectives, and tastes of a new generation of NACD members.
- Moved away from a conservative and tactical look and tone to a more energetic and strategic approach.
- Supported multiple consumption styles, relying on color, iconography, diagrams, and images as well as text to convey information.
- Was designed to facilitate rapid consumption by NACD stakeholders who are typically very busy.
- Was based on a consistent system for layout, typography, color, and imagery.
- Would enable NACD to build effective frequency across its communication platforms and channels.
- Equipped executives and staff to promote NACD strategically, consistently, and effectively.
- Helped the organization promote a diverse set of benefits, capabilities, and services in a unified way.
- Curtailed variation and eliminated noise within the organization’s own communications.
- Properly and fully represented the value of NACD’s history, values, membership, advocacy, and member service.
ENC provided guidance for using the NACD brand as both a one-page reference and as a full style guide.
ENC capabilities included:
Looking for strategic communications, marketing, or branding support?